eWisdom is a secure, interactive, online Continuing Professional Development management system for dental teams
The online system enables dentists and dental care professionals to identify their education needs and plan their CPD, book and pay for courses, print CPD certificates and give us feedback on learning experiences more easily, so we can improve future training.
To register for your eWisdom account, please go to www.ewisdom-london.nhs.uk
Frequently asked questions
Section 1: General
1. Why has this new system been introduced?
The system has launched to:
1. Make it simpler and more convenient for you to book your courses.
2. Make it easier for you to plan and record your CPD.
3. Make it easier for us to keep track of the bookings for our courses, so that we can provide accurate records to NHS London of how funding is being spent.
4. Enable us to tailor training to local needs better.
2. How will the new system be simpler and more convenient for you to use?
Up until now, you could only book onto a course through the postgraduate centres during opening times, when there was an administrator available to complete the booking. The online system will be open 24/7. This means you can book on to one of our courses when it is convenient for you to do so.
3. How will the new online system make it easier for you to plan and record your CPD?
At registration, you will be required to complete a short Professional Development Plan (PDP). The PDP will help you to choose courses that will enable you to progress in your career and provide safe, effective patient care in line with regulatory requirements and your own aspirations.
New Information about courses and events will be posted in the Deanery news section. Your personalised account will remind you about courses you are booked on and suggest future courses relevant to your PDP.
4. How will you be able to tailor training to local needs better?
Through analysing anonymised PDP data, we will be able to tailor courses more specifically to local needs.
Section 2: What you will need to do
5. What do I need to do to use eWisdom?
1. Make sure you have an email account
2. Register for an online account
3. Complete a professional development plan (PDP)
4. Book a place on your chosen course(s)
5. Pay for the course using our online secure payment checkout
6. Complete a post-course evaluation and download your certificate
6. What happens if I experience problems with the system?
Please email as much information on the problem you are experiencing to email@example.com and a member of the eWisdom web support will try to answer your query as soon possible